Resident Benefits Package
Residents with upgraded lease packages and are residents of Real Property Management Vancouver get the added value and protection of our Resident Benefits Package.
Phone, Email, Dropbox, and Office Support – 5-Day a week 9AM- 5PM
Monitored and shared company inbox ([email protected]) and phone support for residence (907-202-5831) to communicate needs with property management team members. We also have a secure drop off location at a UPS Store open 6-days a week. By appointment, we offer a office support for in-person meetings.
Online Portal & Phone App + Electronic Document Storage
24/7 Access to manage rental payments, view ledger, obtain leases, pay with ACH or Credit Cards, and other important information on your account and property.
Advanced Maintenance Center - 24/7/365
24/7 Live access to emergency hours technician, while other companies just have voicemail. Access to an online portal where you can send videos and pictures of the issue, this allows the best technician to be assigned to the property to reduce communication errors. Email confirmation with vendor name and work order being perform for your safety and security. Only use of reputable maintenance vendors. Online access to work order portal where you can see the status of a work order.
Call (907) 268-4779 x 9 to report an emergency issue.
Property Condition Reviews (Move-Ins, Move Out, During Residency)
In addition to the move-in and move-out property condition reviews that we do in conjunction with your lease, we include a preventative maintenance property condition review of your rental property as part of this resident services package that typically occurs approximately every 6 months. During this our property evaluator will inspect the areas that may be missed such as leaks under sinks, running toilets, exhaust fan issues, exterior home issues and more. This helps keep the property in top shape and hopefully catches small issues before they become big ones!
On-Time Rental Payments Credit Reporting Benefit
Receive the benefit of positive credit reporting for all on-time rental payments to Experian’s Rent Bureau, building your credit score! Having a higher credit score for paying rent on time can have many other financial benefits.
Rental Reference & Mortgage Verifications
We take care of at ZERO additional charge the administrative work to document your rental history to help you obtain you next place that you may rent or purchase. This feedback helps facilitate your application for your future home.
Carpet Cleaning Reimbursement Benefit
Upon successfully executing a lease renewal with RPM, you are eligible for a $50.00 reimbursement credit towards professional carpet cleaning with one of our preferred companies. This benefit is good one time in a 12-month consecutive time period. Rental Account must be in good standing at time of the reimbursement.
Pest Control Reimbursement Benefit
Receive up to $75.00 reimbursement credit towards a professional pest control with one of our preferred companies. This benefit is good one time in a 12-month consecutive time period. Rental Account must be in good standing at time of reimbursement.
One-Time Non-Sufficient Funds Fee Forgiveness
A one-time waiver of the NSF charge for a rejected payment. This benefit is good one time in a 12-month consecutive time period.
One-Time Late Fee Forgiveness
A one-time waiver of a late charge that is before the 10th of the month. This benefit is good one time in a 12-month consecutive time period.
Lease Renewal Processing Benefit
As part of your resident service package, you will have ZERO renewal charge if you respond in the indicated time period, this includes the documentation and administrative signing process. Property must be eligible to have the lease renewed.
RPM will monitor the utility bills are going to the correct person and paid by the correct person. This avoids double payments or for paying for landlord responsibility invoices. Disclosure, your contact information will be shared with our service provider,
Home Buying Assistance Benefit
If you decide to purchase a home while you are a resident with RPMV as the managers, we will assist you in search and negotiation of terms on your new home with professional Buyers Agent representation with RPMV & one of our preferred partners. We will also provide you with a $500 closing credit towards your rental ledger or as allowed by the Lender. Payable after recording and documents provided.
If you’re having non-emergency requests like:
A/C or heater stopped working
The appliance is not working as expected
Hot water heater issues
Report Emergency Issue
How do I know if it’s a Maintenance Emergency?
Is water leaking uncontrollably?
Is there a gas leak?
Was there a fire?
Are you locked out of your home?
Maintenance Emergency: A condition that causes injury, threatens your health, or causes serious property damage such as fire, broken gas line/leak, broken water line or flooding, no heat, or a lockout.
Every Real Property Management tenant who signs a lease with us gets their own online account. One account is to review your financials while the other account is to review your email requests and self-help education portal. Your secure account is convenient and easy to access, and provides useful features and information to maximize your rental experience.
- Financial Portal
- Pay rent online
- Review your account history
- Education & Communication Portal
- Learn how to handle matters, IE Satellite Questions, Security Deposit Questions, and more.
- Properly notice to vacate
- Access documents, forms and checklists such as your lease and procedures
- Communicate with the Real Property Management team
To access your account for the first time, click the “Tenant Login” button above. Use the email address you provided during the leasing process and the address of the rental property. Your login information will be emailed to you. Contact our office if you need assistance.
The best way to pay your rent is to pay online. Paying rent online saves you the time and hassle of bringing a rent check to the office, assists you in paying on time and is the most secure, accurate and efficient payment method. Below is a list of how you can pay.
- Online Portal Automatic Monthly Payment. Simply login to your tenant account and follow the prompts to make a single payment or set up recurring payments each month to ensure your rent will always be paid on time by the due date!
- Online Portal One Time Payment via E-Check – Unlike the utility companies – It is Free!
- After Hours Drop it off at UPS next door, 200 W 34th – Our box number is #1100
- Online Portal Credit Card *Fee May Apply
- Pay Rent by Certified Check at the office
- Pay Rent with a Money Order
Office is located at 810 N Street #305 – Near Park Strip. Free Parking.
There are multiple ways to request maintenance or repairs.
- Log in to your tenant account and complete a Service Request for maintenance or repairs.
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Call (907) 268-4779 – x2 for Tenants x 2 for Customer Service to request a new work order.
- Call our 24 Hour Maintenance Hotline at (907) 268-4779 to request maintenance. If it is an emergency, please call us immediately. (Note: If the situation involves a serious water leak, locate the main water valve in your rental home and turn it to the off or closed position.)
We are here to help you! Feel free to call us because sometimes we can walk you through the problem.
Before Requesting Maintenance
We want service to happen quickly so you can live your life without worrying about a repair. For faster resolution and avoid costs potentially being back-billed, review the following list of suggestions before calling maintenance. You can also find helpful maintenance tips and advice in your tenant account. However, don’t hesitate to call us, we might be able to walk you through the issue over the phone. It is our mission to provide Win-Win Solutions.
Here is a list of what Maintenance can help answer for you:
- Smoke detector won’t work when tested
- Monthly check and replace battery. Notify maintenance at once if not working.
- Smoke detector beeps softly on and off
- Check and replace battery.
- No power to plugs or switches
- Check breaker panel or fuse box. Check and reset.
- Garbage disposal won’t work
- Push reset button on disposal or use Allen wrench and turn
- No Hot Water
- Check thermostat on hot water tank. Is pilot light lit? Check breaker panel or fuses valve closed.
- Hot water “TOO HOT”
- Check thermostat on tank and turn down.
- Faucet or toilet leaks
- Turn off water fixture under sink, toilet at valve and notify maintenance.
- Toilet plugged
- Try plunger. If still plugged call maintenance.
- Sink plugged
- Remove hair from drain
- Heater not working
- Check thermostat. Check button or pilot lights. Furnace covers on correctly? Is pilot light lit? Breaker tripped?
- Dishwasher won’t drain
- Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher. Clean float. Rinse dishes before washing. Use jet dry once a month. Jet dry prevents hard water build up
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold
- Check thermostat, set correctly. Front and back grills clean. Clean out drain hole.
Some of our rental properties allow pets. Homeowner preferences and insurance policies generally determine what type and how many pets are allowed.
To find a pet friendly rental home, search the available properties and click Amenities and select Pets Allowed.
Many Real Property Management rental homes allow pets. If you have a pet, please ask about our pet policy. It is typical that there are additional application fees, rent costs, and increase deposit requirements that will apply.
We welcome pets in rental homes that allow pets, however, we must ensure tenants are responsible pet owners and respect other residents in the area. Both landlords and tenants should be up-to-date on city ordinances controlling pet ownership and management. The following list of pet ordinances is not exhaustive, but it does cover the main questions pet owners and landlords are likely to have.
General Rules and Regulations
Most cities and counties have pet ordinances which all Real Property Management clients must abide by as pet owners. Below are common ordinances, however check with Animal Control in your local area to make sure you understand and comply with all pet rules and regulations.
- Your dog or cat must be registered and licences with the city within a certain time frame of acquisition, and the license tag must always be attached to your pet. Most pet licenses need to be renewed periodically
- Pet waste must be picked up immediately. So when you go on dog walks, make sure to bring a bag for pick up. Then place the waste inside of a trash container.
- City pet ordinances also require you to control your dog’s barking at all times, both day and night, and the police have the power to impound your dog if it is barking incessantly and you can’t be reached.
- If your dog bites a person or another animal, city pet ordinances usually require you to notify the police or an animal control officer immediately, and not leave the scene until an officer has authorized you to do so. Always assist the victim as needed and give your contact information to the victim.
- Since most of Alaskans own a pet, the Municipality has provided off leash pet friendly parks! Check them out and maybe your pet can make some new friends.
- Anchorage Municipality ordinances require a pet to be kept on a leash at any time the pet is off its owner’s residence, except when in officially designated off-leash city property. Dogs and cats in heat must be kept in a secure enclosure, preventing their exposure to any free-roaming males.
- Whether by law or not, tenants should always clean up after their pets as a courtesy to others and the surrounding property.
As you prepare to move in, here are a few items to help ensure a successful stay. When you sign your lease, we will provide you a manual detailing information you need to enjoy and care for your new home, and login information for your own tenant account. Please keep this manual handy for easy reference throughout your stay.
Move In Assessment
Within 5 days of moving in, go through your new home thoroughly, then email us a completed Inventory and Condition Form along with photos to visually verify conditions you describe on the form.
Also note, the completed form stays in the leasing department and does not constitute a maintenance request. If during your assessment you find anything that needs maintenance, please submit a maintenance request through your online tenant account. We want you to enjoy your new home and will work with you to ensure the property is well maintained.
Tenant and Owner Responsibilities
As a resident of a rental home managed by Real Property Management, we want you to treat the home as if it were your own and be respectful of your neighbors. Taking good care of the property also leads to a faster return of your deposit when you move out.
Your lease outlines your full responsibilities however, below are some general responsibilities.
- Keep the property clean and orderly, inside and out
- Set up utilities in your name prior to moving in – electricity, water, gas, trash
- Care for landscaping and exterior – lawn, and minor trimming and weeding of shrubs and flowerbeds, sidewalks (e.g., show removal), exterior light bulbs, window cleaning
- Pest control
- Complete minor and seasonal maintenance – changing light bulbs, furnace filters, refrigerator water filters, and batteries in detectors; maintaining water softener and purification systems, keeping vents clean
- Comply with local, state and Home Owner Association (HOA) property codes, rules and regulations
Contact our office if you would like a referral for a vendor for services listed above.
Real Property Management and/or the owner of the rental home you lease are responsible for:
- Ensuring the rental property is clean, safe, and ready for occupancy
- Re-keying all doors leading to the outside for security
- Complying with state and federal laws pertaining to required detectors in the home
- Providing residents with a copy of applicable HOA rules
You will receive a login for your own online account, where you can pay the rent each month. We encourage you to set up automatic, recurring payments to ensure on-time payment, peace of mind, and be eligible for the Real Property Management Resident Club where you can save hundreds of dollars a month on items you purchase every day. Simply sign up with the link after paying online.
We want to ensure every rental property stays in great shape, and we encourage you to request maintenance when appropriate to possibly prevent larger issues or costly repairs. When maintenance or repair is needed, log in to your online account or call our maintenance hotline.
Our goal is to maintain positive relationships with both our property owners and tenants, and ensure you are satisfied. If you are pleased with our service, please email us and offer to post a positive review or provide a testimonial for future marketing use.
Likewise, when you decide to move, buy a home or car, or get a new job, Real Property Management will support you by offering a payment history and providing you a letter of recommendation provided you have paid your rent on time and have taken care of the property.
Moving out can be a busy and sometimes stressful time. Real Property Management Vancouver can provide checklists and guides to help make your transition smoother, faster and more organized. Just look at the self-help education portal for your free download.
You must give proper notice prior to vacating the property, as outlined in your lease. Example: If you want to move out by June 30th, you must sign and send a notice before May 30th. Real Property Management Vancouver will conduct a move-out inspection only after all of your personal property has been removed and the property is fully cleaned, and you turn in your keys. We consider you still living at the property until you return the house keys, postal keys, and garage door remote if applicable, to our office. You will not be allowed to re-enter the home after all keys have been turned into the office.
To assist us in making refunds to you promptly, we ask that you review the security deposit section of the Residential Lease Agreement that you signed when you moved in. This will clarify the refund procedure and explain any additional charges which you may incur.
The better the condition of the property when you leave, the faster the deposit can be returned to you, to the forwarding address you provide. If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for paying the rent for the remainder of the lease however, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
Mission and Values
Real Property Management Vancouver is the model of proactive management, creating the greatest personal and financial success for all players in the leasing of real property.
Transparency * Consistency * Efficiency * Individual Success * Accountability